Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Essays 2-03a: Language learning histories

I will introduce my languages learning history. I have ever learnt 4 countries’ languages. There are Japanese, English, French, and Korean. I had graduated pre-school, elementary school, junior high school, and high school. And I am learning at University. This is my languages learning history.

My mother tongue is Japanese. So I have been learning Japanese since I was a baby. I learnt hiragana and katakana at pre-school. And I began to learn kanji at elementary school. There are a lot of kanji, so it is hard to remember them. Moreover, kanji has several how to read. Then Japanese has a lot of dialects. I can speak Kumamoto variety. But I sometimes cannot understand Kumamoto variety, though I have lived in Kumamoto for 20 years. I think that Japanese is difficult language so much.

Next, English is the second language for me. It was the first time to learn English at cram school when I was 11 years old. At first, I learnt alphabet. English class has begun at junior high school. When I was also a junior high school student, I had been to cram school and studied English there. And I also learnt English at high school. Of course, I learn English even now. So I have learnt English for about 10 years. However my skill is not high. I also think that English is difficult to become using.

French is the third language for me. I had learnt French last year. The classes were compulsory subjects. So I learnt it to take credits. I thought that French was more difficult than English, because both the pronunciation and grammar were complex and hard. I studied French so hard, so I could get credits. However it was too hard for me to use it.

Korean is the fourth language for me. I was interested in Korean, so I took the classes at University in this year. I like Korean dramas, but the language is so difficult. At first, I learnt the Hangul alphabet. I became to be able to read the Hangul alphabet. However I don’t know meaning too much. And the pronunciation is so difficult. There are a lot of words which I should remember.

Using other languages is so difficult. There are a lot of ways how to study languages. I often listen to music, read books, and watch movies and dramas of overseas. I think that the ways how to study are good, because I study languages while I enjoy. I should try not only study on the desk, but also several ways to become to use foreign languages. And it is the most important to become like the languages!! Then I will try to study harder.
[451 words]

5 comments:

  1. You have learned 4 languages! Great! I cannot learn over 3 more languages.(^-^)
    Which language do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can speak 4 languages, can't you?
    You're great!
    What is the most difficult language you have ever learn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also took French class last year. I didn't like the classes so much!!!!!!! but I'm interested in French. Do you like French? Will you keep learning French?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to go to Korea in this Winter. I want to study Korean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't learned Korean, was it easy to study Hangul? French made me mad,didn't it?

    ReplyDelete